Tuesday, October 30, 2007

#16 So what's in a wiki?

The wiki sites varied in content, purpose and functions available. I was really impressed with the flexibility the technology has. Developing a library wiki would require a lot of communication and pre planning however with the degree of flexibility it can be adjusted as you go to adapt to your user group.
I would tend to use a wiki for readers advisory, reference and joint projects. I would also benefit from links to other resources and a reference list. I found the experience of browsing enjoyable. I think though at times there was a bit of information overload and the sites were very busy and difficult to navigate. I think to begin with it would be worthwhile keeping the site simple. There was some duplication on sites with advise to wiki contributors on functions etc.

No comments: