Monday, October 1, 2007

RSS and Newsreaders 8# make life really simple

http://www.bloglines.com/public/hbblog

Some things I find really simple others I struggle with. The public account assists bloggers to share sites and ideas. What I liked about the RSS is that it provides direct links and provides excellent administration of listing favourite items and is reasonably user friendly.

The uses I could use it for is the reader advisory sites for work, author lists etc. I could also use it for study purposes. It opens up options to access information quickly and globally. It would help with my professional development and I could develop quick links to sites in answering library borrowers questions.
I would imagine it would be helpful with ready reference options.

Libraries could list the links on there sites for bookgroups, upcoming events , author biographies and information literacy skills and development. It would assist academic libraries to provide curriculum links and subject links.

This weeks exercise was really helpful to develop my knowledge and skills and help me manage my time better.

No comments: